UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Deadline for submissions: 5.00 PM (Hanoi time, GMT+7) on 8th April 2016.
The goal of UN Women’s presence in Viet Nam is to support national partners to implement their commitments and priorities for advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment. UN Women Viet Nam provides critical support in the following areas:
- Building capacity on gender equality and women’s empowerment for state management a on gender equality.
- Raising woman’s awareness of CEDAW and building government capacity to concretely implement the Convention.
- Empowering female migrant workers through gender sensitive migration policies and programmes.
- Gender mainstreaming in legislation review.
- Advocate for gender responsive HIV policy and programmes.
- Engaging men and boys in ending violence against women.
- Building capacity of grass root women to respond to climate change through Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
The Internship Programme offers a small group of outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UN Women’s work. It is designed to complement women’s development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of multilateral technical cooperation, but also complements other international studies.
The UN Women Vietnam Country Office is currently looking for a national administrative intern who will work closely with the Programme Unit.
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest
- Updated CV/Resume
And send to email@example.com no later than 8th April 2016. Please indicate the title post that you are applying for.