In 2016, MCW will bring together youth from around the world for our 19th Annual International Youth Leadership Retreat. Since 1999, the program has been constantly growing and evolving to reach more young leaders and deepen our impact in communities around the world.
This year, MCW’s signature program does not end with the closing ceremony at the Retreat, but it kicks off a year-long program during which Young Leaders are mentored and provided ongoing resources to implement positive change in their communities.
The MCW Young Leaders Program kicks off annually with an international Retreat that brings together youth from all over the world, united by the goal of creating positive change in their communities. The weeklong intensive training program is broken into three phases: Modern Leadership, Global Citizenship, and Local Change. During the final phase of the retreat, Young Leaders will create a unique action plan to address an issue in his/her community. Over the following year,Young Leaders implement their plans while being guided remotely through online workshops and a Mentor from the Young Leaders alumni community.
Learn more about the program and apply through MCW’s website:
Before applying, be sure you fit the following requirements:
Young Leaders Must:
- Be between the ages of 16-25 years old
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate commitment to his/her community
- Identify an issue faced by his/her community he/she would like to address
- Have access to email or another internet platform that allows consistent communication with the MCW team and mentor for the duration of the yearlong program
- Commit to attending the week-long retreat and spending the following year implementing change in his/her community
- Be eligible for appropriate visa and travel documentation
- Submit completed application on or before February 29th, 2016
2016 – 2017 Program Dates
(Mark your calendar!)
- December 23, 2015 – Application Open
- February 29, 2016 – Application Closed
- March 31, 2016 – Applicants are Notified of Decisions
- April 8, 2016 – Financial Aid Applicants are Notified of Decisions
- April 29, 2016 – Accepted Applicants Must Confirm Participation
- June 22, 2016 – Program Begins (Introduction to mentor via email and reading materials sent)
- July 27th – August 4th, 2016 – Retreat
- August 4th, 2016 – Open Doors Closing Ceremony (All guests welcome)
- October 20th, 2016; January 20th, 2017; April 20th, 2017; June 1st, 2017 – Mentor Hangouts and online workshop series (exact dates may vary)
- June 15, 2017 – Program ends
WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING LATE APPLICATIONS.
Please be sure to complete applications on time
How to apply
Access the application forms online by clicking the links below.
To download application documents, contact an MCW team member at email@example.com.
- Financial Aid Application: http://bit.ly/1P03Y2z
- Recommendation form: http://bit.ly/1Utat1q
- Young Leader Application: http://bit.ly/1nRtMXT
- Young Leader Application Checklist: http://bit.ly/1ZW26wW