Do you have a vision to want to make this world a better place? If so, join us now at Youth Force 2030 Thailand. We are looking for change makers to connect fellow youth leaders from all over Thailand to exchange their experiences and knowledge, opening new spaces for collaborations and potential new projects. Participants will have a chance to implement their social improvement ideas in the Asia-Pacific region.
Who are we?
As the international community gears itself towards the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals, young people’s involvement is more crucial than ever. In Asia and the Pacific, UNDP and UNV are partnering to empower and inspire youth to deliver on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by 2030. In 2016, the collaboration brought 19 youth leaders from all over the Asia-Pacific region and “2030 Youth Force” was formed.
2030 Youth Force aims to inspire youth to engage in promotion of Sustainable Development Goals and initiate actions to drive positive changes towards an inclusive and peaceful society in Asia-Pacific. Using SDG-16 as an entry point, the network will focus on peace building along with strengthening youth capacities for participation in decision-making with 2030 Youth Force channeling support through three interconnected approaches:
(i) facilitating knowledge-sharing and networking,
(ii) harnessing youth volunteering for change,
(iii) catalyzing youth innovation for social entrepreneurship and sustainable development; and
(iv) enhancing youth leadership for initiation of new actions.
Listening to the voices of youth in the Asia Pacific region on global, regional and national issues is a first step in promoting youth participation for sustainable development. Therefore, anetwork of dynamic youth leaders from the region is essential towards inclusive and peaceful society as well as in realizing the SDGs by 2030.
How to apply?
-Open to youths aged 18-25 years old
– Gender and Ethnic diversity is strongly encouraged
-Applicants have to filled in an application form and submit one video no longer than 3-minutes in length
-Video have to answer the questions below:
1. Introduce Yourself in English แนะนำตัวเองเป็นภาษาอังกฤษ
2. Do you think youth could initiate a positive social impact? Why or why not? (คุณคิดว่าพลังของเยาวชนสามารถแก้ไขปัญหาสังคมได้ไหมและทำไม) – Any Language is fine (ภาษาอะไรก็ได้)
3. Talk about any social challenge in Thailand that you feel that is most critical. [Education etc.] (คุณคิดว่าปัญหาหลักในสังคมประเทศไทยคืออะไร) [อย่างเช่นการศึกษา] – Any Language is fine (ภาษาอะไรก็ได้)
4. Give us 3 word that describes you (ขอสามคำที่บงบอกความเป็นตัวคุณ) -Any Language is fine (ภาษาอะไรก็ได้)
-Deadline for submission: 08 August 2017
-Our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/2030YouthForce/?fref=ts
-Contact us at: email@example.com
-Link to application form: https://goo.gl/forms/nMetuqa0LU0nrbDE2